Virus Scanner V3.1d (22/7/96)
Detect the Hitch-Hicker virus
These are some of the features of Virus Scanner:
Virus Scanner has many usefull features as the periodical check of every
memory vector, of the startup-sequence and of the process you have in
background. This operations are performed without any loss of processor
speed, unlike Virus Checker.
- VS can remove Fuck Virus from memory and from disk.
- VS recognises every file/link virus available at the moment and using if
possible the New Virus Database" feature let VS knows also virus that it
originally doesn't know. For the news ones look at the virus wanted list.
- VS uses the SHI bootblock.library, so with an update of the bootblock.
brainfile it can recognise and delete any new bootblock virus.
- VS uses the SHI removelink.library, so with a new version of the library
you can kill new viruses.
- Using the SHI unpack.library VS can decrunch and check files compressed
withmore than 100 different crunchers.
- VS is localized (actually english, italiano, deutsch and dansk).
- VS has a complete AREXX port.
- VS has a complete system vectors and function call table supporting patchmaster.
- VS checks the memory every n seconds (where n is a number between 5 e 60
at your choice, see CHECK_DELAY in the documentation.
- VS has a known virus list and a known cruncher list.
- VS has a feature that automatically check at each access to a disk if a
file, in a list you make, has been modified.
- VS is the only VirusKiller that can determine if a disk was FFS or OFS
after the infection by a bootvirus checking the files structure on the
disk before installing a new bootblock.
- VS has a new feature for Amiga antivirus, but already present on some
MS-DOS programs that let the user specify in a file called
s:vscan.viruses the datas of new viruses (New Virus Database).
Click here to the last Virus Scanner
version, get the full archive on aminet.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Gabriele Greco,
Last updated: Sa Nov 28th 1997